Portugal is one of Europe’s most historically influential countries, with a rich past of global exploration and trade. The Golden Visa Programme was launched in October of 2012 and has become Europe’s most popular residency-by-investment programme and is available to all non-EU nationals.English is widely spoken and the country offers attractive personal tax options via the non-habitual tax regime. A real estate purchase with a minimum value of EUR 280,000 in properties older than 30 years and located in a low density area, including the costs of renovations.
Summary of Key Advantages
• Visa-free travel access to the 26 countries of the European Schengen Area
• Right to live, work, and study in Portugal
• Residency can be granted within 6-8 months
• Low physical presence requirement (seven days in the first year and no less than 14 days in each subsequent two- year period)
• Attractive taxation system
• Investment options from as little as EUR 280,000
• High quality of life, fantastic local cuisine and wines, rich culture, mild climate and a high level of security
• Citizenship possible after five years of legal residence and compliance with prevailing requirements.